Monday, September 5, 2011

Small notes about Photography

I have uploaded a series of photos, classified within different posts today. There are more photos that I have taken during the course of this year. I just haven't found the time to post them online yet.

I have been focussing more on travel photography for the first part of this year. I have joined a driving club and together we have explored, what was really unknown to me, various parts of Malaysia. Travel photography is unique within itself. Now combine that with the driving experience and you get a perfect opportunity to discover new horizons.

I travel light, in terms of equipment. I use a Canon 500D with kit lens for most of my travel photography. It is light and fast. It is a good camera. I don't bring external flashes, I don't bring tripods, and I don't carry flash triggers or any other separate lenses.

Most of the times when I am driving, I will shoot on P-Mode, or program mode. I have very very limited time to focus, frame and snap. When we do make a stop, either to visit somewhere or just to explore, then I will switch to Manual mode.

Of course you don't need to follow exactly what I do. But if you are planning to bring lots of expensive equipment for your next trip, it might be a good idea to buy an insurance to cover for your expensive SLR.

Cheers and happy shooting.!

No comments:

Post a Comment