Saturday, April 17, 2010

Notes about travel photography

Well, I have been posting many, actually maybe too many photos of different locations and views of London. It gets a bit boring isn't it?

I will stop posting photos of London. Instead I will post, wait for it... photos of Paris. YES!

Actually, it is just because I wanted to share with you guys some of the experiences and places I visited during my recent visit to Europe. I was sick during the entire trip, yet I walked around the City to snap those photos to share with you guys.

Whenever you go on a photography travel trip, here is a big tip. Remember it well. Travel light, as light as possible. Meaning, don't bring your 2-3 camera bodies, 3-4 lenses and 2 flashes with remote triggers and other stuff.

When I went to Europe, I wanted to bring my Canon 5D II, but then I decided to bring the smaller Canon 500D. I think I made the right choice, cos it is easier to carry, safer to walk around with and if it drops or breaks, you won't feel so heart pain. I wanted to bring 2 lenses, but I ended up bringing just one. And you guessed it, 18-55mm, kit lens.

So all the travel photos that you saw and will see soon have been taken with this camera. It served me well. Often it got knocked against walls, lamp posts or poles accidentally. It dropped once, but I came back and it is still working.

So remember travel light and if you go to unknown places, it is best to leave those expensive equipment at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment